So just a random crazy thought I usually have. Showing you today the weirdest craziest side of me. Today I feel like doing something different from the usual posts I do.
Sitting in front of my dressing table and deciding which foundation to wear today was not different from any other days as this is something I face every time I start putting on makeup. I admit, I do not have many foundations as I wasn’t a foundation girl before. I lived my entire life using My Benefit BB Cream until makeup addiction happened. From that blessed day up to date, I own only 4 foundations. I hope it is 4 only. Oh wait 4 liquid and 2 cake foundations. Yes ,so 6 in total. Oh wait, add 1 cream to powder foundation too So 7 in total. I need to move along now before I start remembering all my hidden treasures.
“Don’t put on that color it’s too light for your skin”. “Don’t buy that lipstick, its way too dark for you” “You will look old with that color”
Do these questions sound familiar? I bet, yes! At least for me, they are. I have heard those ever since I came to know what lipstick was. It has been there all the time, at the back of my mind that I am not a fair-complexioned girl and I shouldn’t be wearing nude lipsticks. Even I can’t wear the bright ones like fuchsia pinks and reds because they are too bright for my skin. Everyone had all the good reasons to shatter my confidence when it comes to colors, be it clothing or makeup.
When buying lipsticks, the three most commonly prohibited colors were usually the nude one, fuchsia pink and red lipstick. I shouldn’t dare touch those or I’ll look like a clown. Even if I gathered the guts to wear, I’ll keep on hearing criticisms right on the spot. Then why bother!
Not until two years ago, my love for makeup increased, I watched all the beauty gurus on YouTube flaunting all those mouth watering lipstick shades. Of course, each and every shade looked really good on them as they were mostly the ideal skin toned girls, “white”! Yes, in our part of the world, girls with white skin are the “ideal” girl. So how can such an ideal girl have any shade look badly on her? If you are someone who belong to the other part of the world with really pale skin, I’m sure you would disagree to what I’m saying as you believe there are shades too that do not suit you. But, society thinks so. Can you stop them? This was the question lingering in my mind every time I see those desirable lipstick colors that I can’t wear, rather not allowed to. But there is always this one person in your life that will push you to do something you have always hesitated, in my case, my husband.
One day, he asked me to try a lipstick that is very light, you put it on, and you can almost not tell it is there. I understood what he meant and so I went to get my very first nude lipstick from Bodyshop. He loved it and so that became my go-to lipstick. That’s where I realized, my skin color is not the problem. It is how we think and how we see things. I need to fix myself as I can’t fix the rest of the world. I actually looked beautiful in nude lipstick, I looked younger and prettier. I told myself maybe the rest of the prohibited colors weren’t that bad either. But there was this hesitation in my heart, so initially I made sure to buy only one dark pink and one bright red. Darn! Did I look hot!
That moment, I felt a huge wall in front of me falling down where I can see lots of different colors beyond that. I felt good to have discovered that my skin actually can carry any kind of color. Name it and I’ll nail it!
The problem was actually me and not the society. People would just talk about you, that’s their work. What matters is how you feel about yourself. Stopping yourself from getting your favorite shade of lipstick somehow would make you unhappy.
Do you really want that to happen? It is not a big deal, go grab it and wear with confidence, you are to judge yourself not
others. Important is how you see yourself. Don’t stop yourself from pulling off anything very neatly, be it clothing, makeup, jewellery or whatsoever just because someone said so.
I may not fit to someone’s ideal description of a beautiful girl but I don’t care. I know I am because I am confident. If you are someone who loves nude lipstick but can’t because of your skin color, make a list of all the nudes you want and go get them. At least try and wear them confidently, you just don’t realize you will just look more beautiful and not otherwise.
If you are someone who can’t have dark eyebrows because you have light hair color, let me tell you this, make up is an art, and there is no rules for art, so go ahead get your eyebrows done black, brown, green, blue whatever you want and show the world, how beautiful you are. Be happy in your skin, do not restrict yourself and wear all the colors.
If you are able to get the message behind this post, please share with everyone . Someone out there might just need motivation.
Important Note: This article is written by myself based on personal experience and originally posted on http://www.veenazkit.com.
I know how you feel. Yes, you! If you are reading this, then you might be someone living in one of U.A.E’s emirates and on the look out for reliable,trustworthy online stores that delivers at your door step. Ever since I came here in Dubai, all I did was online shopping. Not proud of it though. But what can a new comer do to divert attention and kill homesickness? shopping….makeup and lots of makeup shopping.!!! 😛 It’s been 5 years now, and during this period, came across different Facebook sellers, some cheated but mostly very true to their work. Besides Facebook I started exploring local websites too.
Why do most of us shop online?
There may be plenty of reasons , but mine are:
1. Convenience of getting all the products at my doorstep.
2. Kill my urge to shop. Come one let’s admit it, online shopping is better than shopping directly from malls. I’ll end up buying 20 products in malls instead of 5. I can hold myself when doing online shopping due to certain doubts such as, product might not be exactly as how it is in pictures. So at most, I can buy eye pencils,lip pencils, eyeshadow palettes , primers etc where there won’t be an issue in getting the right shades.
3. When I’m not in mood of informing hubby dear about my shopping, online is best 😛 (I’m not proud of this,trust me)
But we hesitate sometimes for the following reasons:
1. Advance payment required
2. Unknown seller
3. Doubtful authenticity of product
4. Longer delivery period
5. Not knowledgeable enough (will elaborate this in another post)
Today I’ll be solving your problem to some extent by sharing with you all my recommended Online Beauty stores/sellers in United Arab Emirates. I have personally ordered from each and every one of them , no need to worry about the products’ authenticity as they are reliable, trustworthy with very good customer service and above all they offer Cash On Delivery. Yayy! Below are the list. not in any particular order.
1. 1st in my list is Ebeautique. My favorite and trusted seller as well as one of my sponsors. You can check their banner at the right hand side bar and click to go directly to their online store. For this one, you need to have an Instgaram account as the products are posted over there. You will get all brands from them on pre-order basis. Once products are available, delivery within 2 days.
A Facebook online page that deals with all make up brands from drugstore to high-end. They operate from U.A.E as well as Pakistan. Very good customer service, the lady dealing with me is very polite and patient enough to bear all my queries regarding pricing. As should any seller. 🙂 But let me tell you, I have encountered rude ones too, so if you find someone very nice, you are lucky. LOL
3. BasharaCare is an online beauty store based in Dubai, U.A.E that provides elite choices of quality skincare products. This online store is a bit different from others as they don’t deal with “common” brands. When I first visited their online store, I was shocked to see a lot of brands I haven’t heard before (beauty brand and I don’t know? How can that happen!)but the variety of skincare products made me do my research about the brands and was actually surprised that those are some of the finest luxury skincare brands one can get. I wasted no time and made my first order. ❤ If you are someone who values skin’s health, then you should try some of their products. Go to their website and explore!
4. Avon, FM & other cosmetic productsis a Facebook online store similar to Indelath. They deal in all kinds of beauty products of almost all brands from drugstore to high-end. I bought my very first NYX glitter palette from them. ❤ Customer service is very good, quick delivery and very cooperative. I have ordered more from them. ❤ So excited for those.
5. Laylamis one of the most trusted online store , they have brands like Sigma Brushes, Sleek and Coastal Scents. There is no doubt that you will get 100% authentic stuff from them. The website is specially designed for mothers who can’t just go out in the market to get their needs, so they provide us ladies beauty essentials as well as baby necessities too in the comfort of our homes.
6.Alshop is an online store that not only provides us with beauty products but also other items we need in our daily lives, perfumes, mobiles, laptops etc. They have almost all brands that aren’t available in our beauty stores. Brands that can only be bought online such as BH Cosmetics, Coastal Scents, Red Chilli etc. Takes a while for delivery around a week, but still okay. They sell 100% genuine products which is a plus point.
7. GlamazleIt’s been a while since I ordered from them. But last time I did, it was a good experience with very quick delivery service. But a lot of disappointment at times when you finally see the products you wanted after searching the whole world for it,just to know it’s out of stock But nevertheless , worth everything. You will be amazed by the pricing. While Laylam and Alshop are a bit costly, Glamazle is opposite. They are a bit lesser than those two.
Hope this post helps, if so, do comment below your suggestions for online stores not mentioned here or share your experience with the above.
Don’t forget to “like” my Facebook and get updates on my next post which will be on “How to shop safely online” I will be giving tips based on my experience on how to shop for beauty products and be safe enough to receive counterfeits.