I know ,this is a very old product and I am too late to review and swatch as probably all of you must have owned this already ,if not ,at least are aware of this product. But I just had to bring it out once again as “Strobing” is so much in nowadays. With strobing conquering the whole beauty world, how can I just ignore a highlighter? So I decided to bring to you different highlighters that I already own and plan to own shortly 😛 and review them. For today, I have the Urban Decay Naked Flushed in the shade Streak.
The box looks like any Urban Decay makeup product. That is their signature look probably, you don’t even need to read and you will just know it is from Urban Decay. The back of the box mentions everything about the product in the palette one in English and one in another language.
These are the sides of the box where you will find all the necessary details such as ingredients , location etc. Nothing new or special with the ingredients, they are pretty much the same as any other bronzer,blush or highlighter.
The palette consists of powdered bronzer, highlighter and blush. The bronzer is brown with a bit of orangish undertone. Highlighter is sort of pinkish which I think is just perfect for any skin tone. The blush is a very beautiful peachy shade. The colors are no doubt, very pigmented but …so here comes the “but” ! They are too powdery, though they feel very soft, velvety and creamy. When I swipe my brush on the palette, I can see a lot of powder accumulating on the sides which is a total turn off for me considering the worth of the product. It is a high-end brand, people, for the amount we pay , I at least expect perfection. I use my Sleek Blush palettes a lot and those palettes never had any kind of fall outs. Sleek palettes cost around AED65 here in UAE and UD Naked Flushed AED235(approx). With this price difference, I have the right to demand a lot!
I will link Check out the video to view a live swatch of this palette so you can see for yourself.
Longevity: UD Naked Flushed Blush longer but the highlighter and bronzer is
***This product was sent to me by Ebeautique for review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are totally mine and by no means not PAID.
Okay don’t get me wrong. Just want to make this clear that I’m not promising anyone that I’ll be posting about my monthly favorites as there is no guarantee if I’d like a certain product for only one month. I might cling on to any of my beauty goody for a year ,so no, I can’t be part of the gang doing monthly faves.
So sharing with you all my current favorites. Here are the products I’ve been using a lot lately as they have won my heart,won my skin and won my pocket. 😀 (Kidding) My favorites will not be any conventional “My July Favorites” kind of post. You won’t find a lot of overpriced high-end products with fancy packaging, latest released product by brands or whatsoever. But you will find genuinely loved items by me. ❤
So here are my favorites …
1. Avon Mattifying day cream– Engrave this words somewhere because I mean it. This moisturizer is by far the best that suited my skin. I have tried many, as in literally many products out there just to find the right moisturizer for my oily skin. Those days when I was selling Avon, I got to try this one as I received as a gift. Ever since then , I kept on buying. It is not greasy at all, won’t make skin oily, doesn’t give that artificial matte finish and at the same time hydrating. This is just perfect.
2. L.A Girl Pro concealer– It’s been raved about everywhere, and only after using it myself I understood why. For the price it offers, this concealer is a miracle. Firstly it has plenty of shades to choose from and secondly the coverage is really good and the formula is just perfect. Not too thin and not too thick to make you look cakey.
3. Powder Brush by Make up for you– Never heard of this brand right? It is just a random brush set I picked from an online store, they looked really good and so I thought of giving them a try. I got a set of 24 pcs brush and I must say they are very good. And some of the brushes have become my favorites like the spooly, angled brow brush and this powder brush. It is very soft, big and just the thing I need to apply loose powder or blush. Who says you need to buy Sigma brushes all the time?
4. Real techniques brush- I have almost all of the RT brushes, and I love all of them except for very few. The foundation brush is what I use all the time. The bristles are soft, dense and do not shed. Very durable that even after several wash, they are still intact!
5. NYX eye shadow base- Check this post here to know why it is my favorite.
6. Prestige Invisible Loose Powder- Once again, another product I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I got it for aed75 from Debenhams and since that day has been my go to powder.
7. NYX The Curve Eyeliner- If you are looking for the right eyeliner to give you that perfect flick for your cat eye look, then get this one. You will know why I raved about it here.
8. Valcena Paris- Natural Rose Absolute -Eye Contour Roller Glace- I’ve been taking care of my skin a lot lately, though late but better than never. I’ve been focusing on anti-ageing skincare products specials for my eye area. Ever since I got this eye cream, it is what I have been grabbing every time I need to pamper my eyes. Check its details here.
9. Lip Balm and Face Mask from Utama Spice- And just recently I shared with you all a detailed review on my recent discovery of pure and natural products. Utama Spice has a lot to offer and if you are into cruelty-free products ,I’m sure you will love these. The lip balm is my dry lip savior. I have very dry lips and so is the reason why usually matte lipsticks do not suit me. But I love matte lippies, so I had to find something to battle this dryness. Tried a lot of lip balms and mostly just made my lips even drier. Utama Spice lip balm did wonder though. The face mask is a must have for oily skin. It sucks all the dirt our of those pores.
10. Urban Decay Smoked Palette- I know I said no high ends, but I actually usually forget this belongs to the costlier brands as it was a gift from Ebeautique, ❤ and not unless something breaks your pocket, you don’t realize it is luxury brand 😛
11. Watch from New look- Last but not the least my watch. I love it . I love all the sparkles it has. Got it for AED65 on sale from New Look few months ago. Been wearing this a lot lately.
So these are my favorites for now , hope I didn’t bore you with all the 11 items.
I hope I’m not too late in reviewing this. It’s been awhile since I’ve been hearing fellow bloggers and Youtubers rave about this stunning palette by Coastal Scents ……Revealed Palette 3. When I had my eyes set on it the very first time, I wanted it so much , just like most of the other girls who immediately ordered theirs. But I didn’t and controlled myself as I already had an eyeshadow palette with 120 shades in it. This is the reason that always stopped me from buying more. This time, when got the chance, I just had to take it and swatch. Thanks to my friend who was very kind to let me swatch her newly ordered Revealed palette.
It came in a box exactly the same as the cover of the palette. I must admit, I like how “revealed3” is written on it. It is so different.
The palette is very slim, sleek and light-weighted. I’m sure my friend would love carrying it around whenever she travels. The lid is magnetic , hence no struggle of inserting your long nailed thumbs to unlock, just like other palettes.
I’m not one of those respected beauty bloggers who will typically swatch a product very nicely , applying them on skin with several coats till the color comes out very nicely that will look very impressive in photos. I promised my readers a different kind of review posts with utter honesty. So here, you find swatches of Coastal Scents Revealed palette applied directly on my skin with no primer or base of what so ever, using my fingers and that too swiped just ONCE. This is exactly how the colors will look when applying the first coat on skin, Not bad,eh? With primer or eye shadow base, I’m sure it will make a lot of difference and good news is, it is buildable. So apply till you get your desired shade.
The palette has a total of 20 colors consisting of matte and shimmer eyeshadows. The darker shades look fantastic , however I’m a bit disappointed with the lighter shades as I find them a bit repetitive and I wish it is pigmented enough to show up on eyelids with natural pigmentation like mine. I find their shimmers to be of poor pigmentation than I expected. But as I said it is buildable and with base ,will definitely rock your world.
By looking at it, it seemed very silky and soft ,but actually it is a bit chalky which is another drawback. Some fall outs here and there you’d see so be prepared for that.
I wiped the swatches on my hand with tissue paper and this is how it looks after just one swipe of the tissue.
Picture speaks for itself so I guess not much to say here. Staying power on the eyelids with eye shadow base is very good though.
The palette is worth the money spent as it is very affordable ,offering you 20 shades. Since most of you must be owning eyeshadow base, hence no issues at all regarding pigmentation and staying power. Many compared the shades with Urban Decay Naked Palette, I’d say please don’t go for this statement. I’m not a big fan of Urban Decay but still I’d say, no comparison between the two palettes.
Do you own any of the CS Revealed Palettes? If so,which one? How did you find it?