This post is going to be one of my favorite. Let’s face it, I love red lip products and I own a decent amount of red ones. Choosing my favorites wasn’t hard at all because when I like a makeup thing, I usually keep them right under my nose where it is easy for me to grab them.
Okay don’t get me wrong. Just want to make this clear that I’m not promising anyone that I’ll be posting about my monthly favorites as there is no guarantee if I’d like a certain product for only one month. I might cling on to any of my beauty goody for a year ,so no, I can’t be part of the gang doing monthly faves.
So sharing with you all my current favorites. Here are the products I’ve been using a lot lately as they have won my heart,won my skin and won my pocket. 😀 (Kidding) My favorites will not be any conventional “My July Favorites” kind of post. You won’t find a lot of overpriced high-end products with fancy packaging, latest released product by brands or whatsoever. But you will find genuinely loved items by me. ❤
So here are my favorites …
1. Avon Mattifying day cream– Engrave this words somewhere because I mean it. This moisturizer is by far the best that suited my skin. I have tried many, as in literally many products out there just to find the right moisturizer for my oily skin. Those days when I was selling Avon, I got to try this one as I received as a gift. Ever since then , I kept on buying. It is not greasy at all, won’t make skin oily, doesn’t give that artificial matte finish and at the same time hydrating. This is just perfect.
2. L.A Girl Pro concealer– It’s been raved about everywhere, and only after using it myself I understood why. For the price it offers, this concealer is a miracle. Firstly it has plenty of shades to choose from and secondly the coverage is really good and the formula is just perfect. Not too thin and not too thick to make you look cakey.
3. Powder Brush by Make up for you– Never heard of this brand right? It is just a random brush set I picked from an online store, they looked really good and so I thought of giving them a try. I got a set of 24 pcs brush and I must say they are very good. And some of the brushes have become my favorites like the spooly, angled brow brush and this powder brush. It is very soft, big and just the thing I need to apply loose powder or blush. Who says you need to buy Sigma brushes all the time?
4. Real techniques brush- I have almost all of the RT brushes, and I love all of them except for very few. The foundation brush is what I use all the time. The bristles are soft, dense and do not shed. Very durable that even after several wash, they are still intact!
5. NYX eye shadow base- Check this post here to know why it is my favorite.
6. Prestige Invisible Loose Powder- Once again, another product I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I got it for aed75 from Debenhams and since that day has been my go to powder.
7. NYX The Curve Eyeliner- If you are looking for the right eyeliner to give you that perfect flick for your cat eye look, then get this one. You will know why I raved about it here.
8. Valcena Paris- Natural Rose Absolute -Eye Contour Roller Glace- I’ve been taking care of my skin a lot lately, though late but better than never. I’ve been focusing on anti-ageing skincare products specials for my eye area. Ever since I got this eye cream, it is what I have been grabbing every time I need to pamper my eyes. Check its details here.
9. Lip Balm and Face Mask from Utama Spice- And just recently I shared with you all a detailed review on my recent discovery of pure and natural products. Utama Spice has a lot to offer and if you are into cruelty-free products ,I’m sure you will love these. The lip balm is my dry lip savior. I have very dry lips and so is the reason why usually matte lipsticks do not suit me. But I love matte lippies, so I had to find something to battle this dryness. Tried a lot of lip balms and mostly just made my lips even drier. Utama Spice lip balm did wonder though. The face mask is a must have for oily skin. It sucks all the dirt our of those pores.
10. Urban Decay Smoked Palette- I know I said no high ends, but I actually usually forget this belongs to the costlier brands as it was a gift from Ebeautique, ❤ and not unless something breaks your pocket, you don’t realize it is luxury brand 😛
11. Watch from New look- Last but not the least my watch. I love it . I love all the sparkles it has. Got it for AED65 on sale from New Look few months ago. Been wearing this a lot lately.
So these are my favorites for now , hope I didn’t bore you with all the 11 items.
Thank you for reading.
Follow me on
I don’t know why it took me two months to post about my favorite face scrubs. Maybe I just wanted to use and try them more before bringing them in front of you all. Face scrub is one of the most important part of my skin care regimen. As I have combination skin and mostly oily in the hot season, I love scrubbing my face due to the immediate result I get after doing so. Soft and smooth skin!
What is a face scrub?
A skin care product that removes dead cells accumulating on your skin , cleans the inside of the pores and makes your skin smooth ,soft and gives it a healthy glow.
When do we need it? How often should we scrub our face?
Once or twice a week should be enough for normal skin. I do it thrice as my skin gets so oily in summers and becomes very dull most of the time. I have a combination to oily skin and my skin goes crazy with the weather hence scrubbing my face helps my skin bring back the glow and remove dullness. Scrubbing is also called Exfoliating.
Moving on to my recommended face scrubs here is the first one:
1. Scrub Your Nose In It by Soap&Glory: The name is so tricky, at one moment I thought it is for nose and the first time I used it, I strictly followed the instructions written to apply it on a damp “T-zone”. With this , I was more convinced it is for my nose! I rubbed it gently all over my T-zone area and left it on for 2 minutes and rinsed. The result was amazing! I can see very less white heads(as I have no black heads) and my pores seemed to become tiny. I used it this way 2 or 3 times I guess, when I felt the urge of treating the rest of my face nicely,hence decided to apply it all over my face and from then onwards, I did it like that. Now that it is empty, then only I read the label where it is written that it is a “special pore refining formula FACIAL SCRUB”!!!! Ughh! How could I be so dumb.See that tiny line on top of the “SCRUB YOUR NOSE IN IT”
That’s so me by the way. Okay now that it is clear that it is actual a facial scrub, let me continue telling you all how much I love it.
The scrub inside is of thick consistency with very tiny pearls, that’s what I call the microbeads by the way,minty in color and feels so as well. I love how it does the work on my face. At times when I’m in a hurry, I just apply it on face in circular motion and rinse immediately without leaving it on for sometime and it still works perfectly. It has that fresh, minty sensation when on skin and that’s actually how I know it has started working on my skin. It does work wonders! You’ll see a huge difference once you start using.
Bought this for AED50 from Boots
P.S I had to click the picture of the empty tube just to show you how much I loved it that I used up even the last drop of it. Recommended by a dear friend Rustic Beauty
VLCC Pineapple & Papaya Gentle Exfoliating Scrub: When I saw this on the shelf while doing my grocery, I had no clue about how it is, how is it going to work etc when normally I look for reviews first before I purchase anything. What attracted me was “VLCC” as this brand was kind of a hit here and second thing that caught my attention was “Papaya” . Anything related to papaya means a “good skin”. At least that’s what I kept hearing from elders since my child hood. Hence, with not much of thoughts, I picked it.
It has tiny microbeads which doesn’t feel harsh at all on the skin, smells fruity and feels very light. By light, I mean you can easily tell it is not one of those very strong chemicalised beauty products that we dread on applying at times. Your skin won’t feel very dry or stretched after using,which makes it ideal for those with normal skin and not-too-oily.
Available in any supermarket in U.A.E
Tea Tree Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub: Been hearing a lot about tea tree oil’s benefits when it comes to skin, how can I just ignore the related products specially when you are at Boots. The sales lady told me this was a new product specially for oily skin. So I knew, I just had to get it. Besides the scrub, I bought face wash and facial toner of the same range. But I’m not going to be talking about the rest of the products here and instead concentrate on this scrub.
The consistency is a bit thin/liquidy due to which you’d feel the microbeads a bit harsh on your skin. So for this one, you need to keep a very light hand when applying and just do a very gentle little strokes in circular motion instead of “scrubbing” as you wouldn’t want to damage your skin. A very light touch is good enough to do the job. But the product is amazing guys. But be sure that you really have an oily skin before using this as it sucks the excess oil out of your skin.
Available in any Boots Pharmacy in U.A.E
Ranking the above in order of favorites :
1. Soap & Glory Scrub You Nose In It
2. Tea Tree Witch Hazel
3. VLCC Pineapple & Papaya
So we are done now with my recommendations of facial scrubs. In case you don’t know how to use, read ahead… 🙂
1. Wash your face with water.
2. Take ample amount of scrub and apply all over face, neck and if desired you can go down towards cleavage too.
3. Massage gently with light fingers , do it harder on your T-Zone.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
5. Apply moisturiser.
Tips: Keep your scrub handy, somewhere easily accessible so you don’t forget to use. To be able to buy the effective and best scrub , you should first know your skin type. Exfoliating face helps make you skin care products work effectively on your skin as your skin is already very clean by the time you are done so the rest of the products will do their work properly
Hope you find this helpful, I’ll be sharing a home made recipe of facial scrub as I always try out natural remedies too. Previously I posted about home made lip exfoliator.