One of the most common problems faced by lots of women related to makeup is the creasing of concealer under the eyes. There is no one particular rule in applying makeup but there are different techniques that are worth trying to get the right thing that works for you. What works for one doesn’t have to work for everyone, hence it is important to keep on trying because one thing is for sure, you will get it!
So I have here different methods for you to try hope it will help.
Woot woot woot!! Guys this is so awesome! I am so happy to share with you all an achievement(well for me it is). True happiness is to get an email by one of the top cosmetic brands ,BH Cosmetics asking me if they can feature my blog post on their official blog. ❤ Above all, it is one of my favorite brands, so you can imagine my happiness 😛
Just a little information about this post, a lot of hard work was put behind this post just so I can help some if not at least one of you in covering any imperfections specially dark circles, using makeup and for that I used my favorite concealer & corrector palette I have from BH cosmetics. 😀
Never did I thought to even get noticed by them. I promise myself, that from now and onward, I will never underestimate myself and you shouldn’t too.
Now it is there!! yoohooo!!!! It is a big thing for me, because there are lots of bloggers out there who have featured their products and being chosen among those, is just a big deal!! My hardwork paid off.
By the way, this particular post reached 600+ views overnight the day I posted, I heartily thank all of you who have read it, who have become my regular readers and all supports who ask me random makeup question in my inbox. Many of you have contacted me through emails with queries, guys I am so happy to receive those and be able to answer. You guys do not bother me at all and I am always happy to help.
This rule is universal. Before working on something, let’s say painting. The painter prepares all things he needs like paints, paint brushes , cleaner etc. and for these,he would need a clean canvas. Similarly, before applying makeup , we need a clean face which would be our canvas. 🙂 There are few steps you need to follow to prepare your skin for this. Each and very routine will be elaborated in a separate post, and will be linked directly.
How I prepare my skin:
Wash face using my face wash.
Apply face toner
How I prep my lips:
Exfoliate (Click here to make your own lip exfoliator at home)
Apply lip conditioner/moisturizer/balm
Wait for around 2 to 3 minutes before starting your make up.I have combination to oily skin and if you want to know my skincare routine,check here.
Step by step make up guide:
Please note that the steps mentioned in this post is what I have been following and not necessarily the same as others. Everyone has their own ritual to follow depending on what suits them and what works for them better. You may want to change these steps too once you are familiar with these. I believe in “no rules makeup” but a guidance won’t harm a beginner.
After prepping my skin, I move on to doing my eyes.
Okay don’t get me wrong. Just want to make this clear that I’m not promising anyone that I’ll be posting about my monthly favorites as there is no guarantee if I’d like a certain product for only one month. I might cling on to any of my beauty goody for a year ,so no, I can’t be part of the gang doing monthly faves.
So sharing with you all my current favorites. Here are the products I’ve been using a lot lately as they have won my heart,won my skin and won my pocket. 😀 (Kidding) My favorites will not be any conventional “My July Favorites” kind of post. You won’t find a lot of overpriced high-end products with fancy packaging, latest released product by brands or whatsoever. But you will find genuinely loved items by me. ❤
So here are my favorites …
1. Avon Mattifying day cream– Engrave this words somewhere because I mean it. This moisturizer is by far the best that suited my skin. I have tried many, as in literally many products out there just to find the right moisturizer for my oily skin. Those days when I was selling Avon, I got to try this one as I received as a gift. Ever since then , I kept on buying. It is not greasy at all, won’t make skin oily, doesn’t give that artificial matte finish and at the same time hydrating. This is just perfect.
2. L.A Girl Pro concealer– It’s been raved about everywhere, and only after using it myself I understood why. For the price it offers, this concealer is a miracle. Firstly it has plenty of shades to choose from and secondly the coverage is really good and the formula is just perfect. Not too thin and not too thick to make you look cakey.
3. Powder Brush by Make up for you– Never heard of this brand right? It is just a random brush set I picked from an online store, they looked really good and so I thought of giving them a try. I got a set of 24 pcs brush and I must say they are very good. And some of the brushes have become my favorites like the spooly, angled brow brush and this powder brush. It is very soft, big and just the thing I need to apply loose powder or blush. Who says you need to buy Sigma brushes all the time?
4. Real techniques brush- I have almost all of the RT brushes, and I love all of them except for very few. The foundation brush is what I use all the time. The bristles are soft, dense and do not shed. Very durable that even after several wash, they are still intact!
5. NYX eye shadow base- Check this post here to know why it is my favorite.
6. Prestige Invisible Loose Powder- Once again, another product I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I got it for aed75 from Debenhams and since that day has been my go to powder.
7. NYX The Curve Eyeliner- If you are looking for the right eyeliner to give you that perfect flick for your cat eye look, then get this one. You will know why I raved about it here.
8. Valcena Paris- Natural Rose Absolute -Eye Contour Roller Glace- I’ve been taking care of my skin a lot lately, though late but better than never. I’ve been focusing on anti-ageing skincare products specials for my eye area. Ever since I got this eye cream, it is what I have been grabbing every time I need to pamper my eyes. Check its details here.
9. Lip Balm and Face Mask from Utama Spice- And just recently I shared with you all a detailed review on my recent discovery of pure and natural products. Utama Spice has a lot to offer and if you are into cruelty-free products ,I’m sure you will love these. The lip balm is my dry lip savior. I have very dry lips and so is the reason why usually matte lipsticks do not suit me. But I love matte lippies, so I had to find something to battle this dryness. Tried a lot of lip balms and mostly just made my lips even drier. Utama Spice lip balm did wonder though. The face mask is a must have for oily skin. It sucks all the dirt our of those pores.
10. Urban Decay Smoked Palette- I know I said no high ends, but I actually usually forget this belongs to the costlier brands as it was a gift from Ebeautique, ❤ and not unless something breaks your pocket, you don’t realize it is luxury brand 😛
11. Watch from New look- Last but not the least my watch. I love it . I love all the sparkles it has. Got it for AED65 on sale from New Look few months ago. Been wearing this a lot lately.
So these are my favorites for now , hope I didn’t bore you with all the 11 items.